Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: AG doll stands: Are they nice?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    As Im always worried that my dolls will suddenly fancy themsevles a nose dive off of whatever shelf they are standing on, Im really thinking about getting the stands that AG sells. My only question is how big around is at the base? It might not fit on the shelves I just put up in my room [img]confused.gif[/img] Thats just too darn bad for them though, I love these shelves and Ive been wanting some like this forever so theyll just have to learn how to balance themselves better! Although they certainly wont be learning that from me, Im the queen of clumsy.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member felicityandkirsten1416's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have one for my felicity doll ( like have kirsten sit on my shelf or bed) and it is nice, It's hard to get her in the stand though, but I like having one, the wood base is nice and easy to assemble, hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The base is about 6" at the widest part. I really like the AG doll stands. They are very sturdy and nice quality.

    *edited for spelling

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 18, 2005 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Princess_Lyndsi ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks everyone. Hmmm, my shelves are 5.5 inches deep so it seems as if the stand would probably be a little too bad but maybe not by much. Ill have to get one to know for sure. Thanks again!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member amsinstl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the doll stands; I have one for all of my dolls; I am at the point that I will need a new shelf when I get Elizabeth -- right now my shelf holds all nine historicals on the stands; the stands hang off a tiny bit from the shelf but I would definitly recommend them.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AnneMarie- I love your Felicity album! Are those the scenes and settings in the background?

    *edited b/c my first sentence is not a question. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 18, 2005 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Princess_Lyndsi ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bigtree8's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am using the one's I bought from Michaels which are white metal and work ok. However I also have an AG one which I like a lot better. I keep my girls and bitty twins on top of an old baby chest with drawers with a "well" on top for a mattress pad so I don't fear for them falling off unless one of the cat's jumps up to sleep with them. The drawers are great fn storing stuff in!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member amsinstl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Princess_Lyndsi:
    AnneMarie- I love your Felicity album! Are those the scenes and settings in the background?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! Yes, those are Felicity's scenes and settings. When they went on sale before they were discontinued, I was able to purchase everyone's except for Kirsten, but luckily, I was able to find hers on ebay for a reasonable price. I really wish AG would make scenes for Josefina, Kit and Kaya.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have several AG stands and like them much better than the less expensive white metal ones I got somewhere else. The AG stands look nicer and fit the doll better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •